The 2011 manual is a user-friendly guide aimed to raise awareness and develop skills on gender analysis and gender responsive planning in health sector activities. The manual is conceptually structured to move from awareness to action to reduce gender-based inequities in health. The manual is currently being updated in 2022.
Core WHO gender analysis tools are introduced in this participatory training manual, including:
- Gender Analysis Matrix (GAM)
- Gender Analysis Questions (GAQ)
- Gender Responsive Assessment Scale (GRAS)
- Gender Assessment Tool (GAT)
- Gender and health planning and programming checklist
Download the manual: